Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Some clicker work

Just a short video of some tricks training - today we started to train crossing paws, just with the right paw to start with, will hopefully have the "end product" soon. I've also started to train a left and right cue - initially to turn around an object (just using my crappy plastic jump stands) but in the long run will use it in agility. At the moment we have zero discrimination between the two but its only been one day! Also a little bit of handstand work, which hasn't progressed much at all, we'll keep trying but I don't think she has the balance to maintain a handstand like some more nimble canines. (as an aside, the new computer has the most annoying and un-user friendly video editing software, its driving me to despair!)



We started back at obedience training last night and back to agility tomorrow, can't wait to start training some real courses!

8 comments:

  1. clever Pepper! She looks so funny trying to get that hand stand :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, keep up the great work. My baby brother Bokeh is being clicker trained.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tricks!! Pepper's handstand is way better than mine - I've never come close to doing what Pepper has accomplished! Thanks for sharing the video of your new tricks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so smart! I can't believe you've only been working on those two today! Wow! I'm impressed. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That handstands looking cool. Magoo does one out in public by backing up to a tree in long grass to leave some peemail and does a handstand in the process. shame I can't get it on cue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, training Left & Right - that's ambitious!! I once thought of trying that with Honey too...but soon decided that was probably going to take a lot more work & patience than I would be willing to put in (not to mention a whole lifetime probably - she'll probably just finally learn to distinguish between the 2 and drop dead!). Love the video - Pepper is just such an amazing fast learner and just lover her focus & enthusiasm!

    Hsin-Yi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pepper is awesome!! Is that because her trainer is good or is it her natural talent? My trainer, also called my Mum, is dumb. That's why my learning curb is so long!

    ReplyDelete